Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Catholic Church...Western Civilization owes a debt of thanks

I could not put this book down, Read the whole thing in 'one bite." Salute....

90% of EVERY-thing this world enjoys, came from WESTERN Civilization, Europeans......(tv)


PLEASE Share this Liberally....dam, I have to stop using "that" word. You see how the left takes words, "make it theirs" and before long...it becomes an INTUIT for Ignorant people
Woods has appeared on CNBC, MSNBC, FOX News Channel, FOX Business Network, C-SPAN, and Bloomberg Television, among other outlets, and has been a guest on hundreds of radio programs, including National Public Radio, the Dennis Miller Show, the Michael Reagan Show, the Dennis Prager Show, the G. Gordon Liddy Show, and the Michael Medved Show. He is a regular fill-in host on The Peter Schiff Show
 
What many are saying...   
 http://tomwoods.com/blog/catholic-potpourri/
  • Tom, if I remember correctly, you are a convert to Catholicism. If you wouldn't mind sharing, I've been really curious as to what (if any) denomination you were before and what led you to the Catholic church. I welcome an in-depth response. Thanks for your time.
    • Avatar
      I'd be interested in hearing that too. The interview was fascinating, btw. I've read your book How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization and it was certainly filled with stuff I never knew. I was also surprised to hear that some people even converted to Catholicism over it! That was very surprising.
      I'm also glad that I'm not a professor of medieval history. If what you say in your book is true (it makes sense to me) then depression would be too much to bear.
      Also be careful Tom, the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists will be out accusing you of being in league with the Vatican plot for world domination. Not to mention wanting to persecute or even execute Protestants.Check out the link here (http://www.chick.com/reading/t.... It really is a hoot Tom! It's real short (pretty good drawings though).
      Yup, there are people who actually believe this stuff. lol.
      • I want to know what Tom thinks of all the transgressions of the Church, such as covering up paedophilea, brutal pedagogy in schools (as testified by eyewitnesses), missionaries removing children from families (such as aborigines in Australia) and all across the colonised world etc. One must expose the bad with the good. I am most impressed when the devout are transparent about this. Surely the church has been guilty of statism and abuse throughout history.
        It's a rhetorical question really, I don't expect a 1000 word dissertation in this thread.
        • Avatar
          Yes, good points. Maybe one day an in depth essay or maybe even book on the Inquisition would be good (I say this because his book did not cover the subject. Probably because that is a book in of itself.). Why? I can think of a couple of reasons. First, if the intellectuals of the Catholic Church don't defend it, who will? Second, Tom Woods is a brilliant historian (and self-taught economist too!) and an honest man. All of this kind of stuff would be interesting.
          Sorry Tom, no pressure. We're just thinking out loud. :)
    Avatar
    Just bought the book after reading Rev. Rhonheimer's endorsement after a birdie also recommended it a couple years ago.
  • Avatar
    that'a a fantastic interview with Bishop Sheridan; perfect summary of your book "How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization" (I still have to read "The Church and the Maket")
 

No comments:

Post a Comment